Not starting with a clean field will lead to soybean yield reductions.
May 5, 2011
Herbicide-resistant Palmer amaranth continues to invade many areas of Michigan and the Upper Midwest. Our first encounter with Palmer amaranth in Michigan occurred in the fall of 2010.
A soybean producer in southwest Michigan was struggling with management of a weed he did not recognize. We were able to identify this weed as Palmer amaranth, and through greenhouse testing confirmed high levels of resistance to both glyphosate (Roundup) and ALS-inhibiting herbicides.
At this time, we also noticed several neighboring alfalfa fields where Palmer amaranth seed heads were poking just above the alfalfa canopy....
May 1, 2014
- 2015 Weed Management Challanges a new webinar from Christy Sprague
- 2014 Research Results for corn, soybean, dry bean, wheat, and sugarbeet are now available for viewing
- 2014 Economics of Weed Control Programs for non-GMO Soybean have just been posted.
- NEW extension bulletins:
- Controling horseweed (marestail) in soybean
- Take Action Herbicide-Resistance Management program
2015 Weed Tour scheduled for July 1st...check back for details